MAIN


1996-2019. All Rights Reserved. Online Journal of Bioinformatics . You may not store these pages in any form except for your own personal use. All other usage or distribute on is illegal under international copyright treaties. Permission to use any of these pages in any other way besides the  before mentioned must be gained in writing from the publisher. This article is exclusively copyrighted in its entirety to OJB publications. This article may be copied once but may not be, reproduced or  re-transmitted without the express permission of the editors. This journal satisfies the refereeing requirements (DEST) for the Higher Education Research Data Collection (Australia). Linking:To link to this page or any pages linking to this page you must link directly to this page only here rather than put up your own page.


OJBTM

 Online Journal of Bioinformatics 

 Volume 12(2):323-328, 2011


Genetic diversity of hatchery stocks of Macrobrachium rosenbergii assessed by microsatellite DNA.

 

E. Suresh, A.K. Reddy, Gopal Krishna, Aparna Chaudhari,

Rupam Sharma and P. Gireesh Babu

 

1 Division of Fish Genetics and Biotechnology, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai-400 061, India. Correspondence: PhD Scholar, Division of Fish Genetics and Biotechnology, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Off Yari Road, Versova, Mumbai - 400 061, India.

 

ABSTRACT

 

Suresh E, Reddy AK, Krishna G, Chaudhari A, Sharma R, Babu PG., Genetic diversity of hatchery stocks of Macrobrachiumrosenbergii assessed by microsatellite DNA, Onl J Bioinform., 12(2):323-328, 2011. Five microsatellite DNA loci were used to assess the genetic diversity from two hatchery stocks of freshwater prawn. Samples were collected from two private hatcheries. Both stocks exhibited significant variation across all five microsatellite loci. The average number of alleles per locus was 6.4 and average expected heterozygosity at all loci ranged from 0.81 to 0.82. FST per locus ranged from 0.03 to 0.11 and the average FST value of 0.08 indicated that around 8 % of the total genetic variation was explained by population differences, with the remaining 92 % corresponding to differences among individuals within population. Both the hatchery stocks deviated significantly from Hardy-Weinberg expectations at all the microsatellite loci.

 

Keywords: Genetic diversity, microsatellite, Macrobrachiumrosenbergii, Freshwater prawn.


MAIN

 

FULL-TEXT (SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE TITLE $25USD)